Techsil has been trading for over 25 years, over this time Techsil has evolved into one of the most trusted Adhesives and Sealants suppliers around; working with customers throughout the UK, Europe and Asia. Our commitment to quality, technical excellence and reliability continues as we move into our next quarter century along with the staff and partnerships that have contributed to the company's success.
Techsil has developed a range of supplier relationships that have facilitated the servicing of key product sectors.
- In 1990 Techsil was appointed as a key distributor by Momentive Performance Materials for their high performance RTV silicones and sealants ranges. With our proven ability to provide manufacturing solutions we have grown to become Momentive’s largest RTV silicone distribution partner in Europe.
- Our ability to solve bonding problems expanded with the addition of the high performance range of Methacrylate and Epoxy adhesives from ITW Devcon. These fast cure, high strength products have opened up many new applications for us in the Automotive, Marine and Electronics industries. In addition, we entered a relationship with BJB Enterprises Inc for the supply of high quality and casting resins.
- In 2010 Techsil became distributors for ThreeBond's industrial adhesive's range of one-part epoxy potting and encapsulation adhesives, advanced cyanoacrylates, MS Polymers, UV coatings and adhesives, threadlockers, retainers and OEM approved RTV silicone gaskets materials.
- In Jan 2011 Techsil acquired Fospat Industrial Ltd. and added their sizeable Hot Melt adhesive and glue gun business to our portfolio enabling us to give a broader product offering to our customers. Power Adhesives are our supplier for TECBOND hotmelt adhesives and TEC Glue guns.
- In November 2011 we signed a distributor agreement with ITW Stokvis Tapes. ITW Stokvis Tapes is a leading independent adhesive tapes specialist. Techsil supplies Stokvis’ range of structural bond tapes, industrial masking tapes, double-coated foam tapes and die-cut self-adhesive tapes. We have industrial tape slitting facilities on site to cut tapes to our customers' individual specifications.
- In December 2011, we formed agreements with Dr. Honle AG and their subsidiary company, Panacol, to distribute their UV curing equipment and adhesives to markets in the UK and Ireland. This has substantially increased our product offerings to the medical and electronics markets. And this range continues to grow in popularity with our customers.
- Having increased our stock holdings and staff numbers over the years Techsil was in need of new premises to house it all. In December 2012 Techsil moved to to new premises which gave us over 50% more space.
- In 2013 Techsil became distributors for Fastfixers™ - clear beads of adhesive ready made in uniform circles packaged in an easy, ready to use dispenser box. Later that year we unveiled our new e-commerce website which has proved very popular with our customer base.
- In April 2015 Techsil became distributors for Velcro Industries which enabled us to supply the wellknown VELCRO® Brand hook & loop fasteners and Araldite® structural adhesives.