The Hönle group is one of the leading suppliers in the UV market worldwide. Hönle's highest quality products are used in a wide range of manufacturing process in electronics, microelectronics, precision engineering, the optical industry and in the printing, automobile, aerospace and medical device sectors.
Hönle provides a unique product range that enables the individual adaptation to specific customers' requirements.
Momentive Performance Materials provides leading-edge silicone technologies to help meet performance and productivity challenges in a wide range of automotive and electronic applications. Momentive's one-component, low viscosity fast cure silicone products are excellent candidates to consider to form a thin conformal coating to protect sensitive electronics from moisture and harmful contaminants.
A summary of Momentive’s RTV 100 Series Acetoxy-cure Adhesives – The RTV 100 series product range is Momentive’s premier line of acetoxy-cure adhesives with FDA, UL, NSF and USDA recognition, and meets MIL-A-46016B specifications. This high performance line, in both paste and flowable grades, offers primerless adhesion to many substrates such as metals, woods, glass ceramics and some plastics.
Typical applications include:
- Electrical insulation
- Formed-in-place gaskets
- Product assembly
- Sealing and bonding
Momentive’s dielectric potting and encapsulation materials are excellent candidates to consider to protect electronic components from moisture and harmful contaminants. These materials help provide stress relief protection to circuits from thermal, vibration, and mechanical stress. Momentive offers a range of materials including one and two part products and specialised grades that can provide thermal conductivity, flame retardancy, and low volatiles.
Techsil supply Momentive's comprehensive range of innovative thermally conductive silicone adhesives (TIMs) that can conduct heat away from the PCB to the heat sink or used as potting to act as a temporary heat store allowing heat to dissipate over time.
What are the advantages of using a Silicone TIM?
- Silicones are Flexible - No two surfaces are completely smooth and therefore often do not mate perfectly which results in the creation of microscopic air gaps. The soft paste fills the gaps and improves the transfer of heat.
- Silicones can be Robot Dispensed - Increases speed and reduces waste on production lines and can be dispensed in intricate patterns.
- Silicones Stick - Silicones are able to bond difficult combinations of materials.
- Silicones are Resilient - Reliable over a wide temperature range; in difficult environments and do not evaporate or run off during service.
- Silicones are Shock Absorbing - Used for potting, their flexibility when cured, cushions sensitive electronics by absorbing mechanical vibration and thermal shock.
- Silicones can Enable Reworking - Silicone greases can be used as gap fillers if there is a need to re-work the component at a future date.
The Cyanolit® range from Panacol are fast bonding, solvent free, 1 part cyanoacrylate adhesives with multiple applications which cure without heat, pressure, or other activators.
- No shrinkage
- High impact strength and thermal stability
- Bonding of porous materials, rubber, metal, and critical plastics
- No outgassing