Panacol develops cutting-edge adhesives for medical applications within a range of chemistries, all formulated to meet USP Class VI and/or ISO 10993 standards. Joining with Dr. Hönle Group and their compatible system UV Curing technology, Techsil can offer complete solutions for your medical assembly process.
Tagged with 'UV Technology'
A product focus on The LED Spot 40 IC, developed by manufacturers Hönle for adhesive curing applications where the emitted light of a LED point source is just not enough.
Techsil were asked by an automotive company to provide a fast curing, liquid gasket sealant to be applied inside a groove on a plastic part on a production line. Techsil recommended a UV Cure in Place (CIP) gasket from Panacol with a UV Curing chamber from Hoenle.
Products featured in the case study include Vitralit® FIPG 60102 and Hoenle UVACUBE 2000.
The Hönle group is one of the leading suppliers in the UV market worldwide. Hönle's highest quality products are used in a wide range of manufacturing process in electronics, microelectronics, precision engineering, the optical industry and in the printing, automobile, aerospace and medical device sectors.
Hönle provides a unique product range that enables the individual adaptation to specific customers' requirements.
The Vitralit® range from Panacol are 1 part UV and light-curing adhesives including acrylates, epoxies and polyesters that cure within a few seconds. The Vitralit® range is very versatile and typical applications include:
- Electronics - conformal coatings, glob top sealants, bonding components on PCBs, electronic potting applications as a flip-chip underfiller, sealing of plugs, switches, relays and sensors.
- Transparent dome coatings - used as a scratch-resistant protective coating or to enhance the appearance of badges, name plates or to decorate glass.
- Wire tacking - on thermoplastics and bonding electronic components
- Metal bonding – screw and thread locking
- Glass bonding – to marble, thermoplastics, solar modules and large glass areas
- Medical Equipment – needle bonding, medical plastics, USP Class VI, ISO 10993
- Plastics bonding – PMMA and PC, glass, edge to edge bonding
- Optics – Fibre optics, lenses, chip fibre and FO cable bonding
For many years UV technology has been a reliable method for the curing of photo-reactive chemicals. In response to increasing production speeds and new applications UV lamp technology has also developed.
Hoenle questions if LED is the future of UV technology and have produced an objective comparison between UV-LED & conventional UV technologies.
- Comparison of Technologies (UV and UV LEDs)
- Fields of Applications
- UV LEDs for Adhesive Curing
- UV LED Curing in Printing
- UV LED Measurement
Light curing adhesives are frequently used in the assembly of disposable medical products with high throughput; the speed of dispensing and cure enables the manufacturer to reduce production costs.
Panacol’s medical adhesive portfolio allows a variety of different design and substrate options: needle to plastic and glass hubs and syringes, connectors, housings, filters, catheters, endoscopes, covers, blood filters, face masks and surgical instruments.
In this white paper, Hoenle explores the Fundamental Principles of UV Reactive Manufacturing Processes; covering: the UV-Spectrum, Chemical Curing, Inertization, UV Irradiation, the advantages of UV curing and typical applications.
While the UV Systems technology and the appropriate chemistry have been developing continuously, the principle of irradiation curing has widely remained unchanged. High-energy UV irradiation causes chemical curing of UV reactive coatings within seconds.