Techsil supplies a complete range of materials for aerospace qualified to meet aircraft manufacturers’ specifications which can be used in a diverse range of interior and exterior applications – from avionics, circuit and terminal protection, wire sealants and engine gasketing to weatherstripping, aviation lighting, cargo door and window sealing and ventilation ducts.
This high performance product range covers assembling, sealing and protecting critical components in the air and space. From bonding thermal shields on space vehicles to improving vibration dampening in vital electronics with potting materials, Techsil’s product ranges keep air and spacecraft operating smoothly.
Material Systems for Aerospace: Product Categories
Techsil markets a full product offering for aerospace consisting of epoxies, polyurethanes, silicones, greases, tapes and primers all designed to perform at their best in challenging conditions.
Key Requirements for Aerospace
Aerospace material specifications can be met with specific adhesive grades varying in viscosity, cure speed, optical, electrical and thermal properties.
- High corrosion and fatique resistance
- Low flame, smoke and toxicity characteristics
- Flame retardancy
- Exceptional mechanical properties
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Halogen free formulations
- Noise and vibrational damping
- Compliance with stringent health, safety and environmental legislation
- Durability in harsh environments
- High and low temperature resistance
High Performance Formulations
Techsil supplies specialist technologies designed to comply with stringent industry standards:
- FAR standard 14 CFR 25.853 (a)
- NASA Class VI certification
- UL 94V-0 flmae retardancy
- Halogen free, tin free, mercury free