Techsil supply Momentive's comprehensive range of innovative thermally conductive silicone adhesives (TIMs) that can conduct heat away from the PCB to the heat sink or used as potting to act as a temporary heat store allowing heat to dissipate over time.
What are the advantages of using a Silicone TIM?
- Silicones are Flexible - No two surfaces are completely smooth and therefore often do not mate perfectly which results in the creation of microscopic air gaps. The soft paste fills the gaps and improves the transfer of heat.
- Silicones can be Robot Dispensed - Increases speed and reduces waste on production lines and can be dispensed in intricate patterns.
- Silicones Stick - Silicones are able to bond difficult combinations of materials.
- Silicones are Resilient - Reliable over a wide temperature range; in difficult environments and do not evaporate or run off during service.
- Silicones are Shock Absorbing - Used for potting, their flexibility when cured, cushions sensitive electronics by absorbing mechanical vibration and thermal shock.
- Silicones can Enable Reworking - Silicone greases can be used as gap fillers if there is a need to re-work the component at a future date.